Is/Isn't is an Online Short Film Festival open to filmmakers of all levels willing to create short films that creatively fill in the following blanks:
Cancer is __________. Cancer isn't __________.
Is/Isn't is brought to you by Prepare to Live - the first and only non-profit, charitable organization founded and managed by cancer survivors dedicated to using the power of the web and film to build a Young Adult cancer community.
Young Adults (20-40) are the only age group to experience an increase in both new cancer diagnosis and mortality rates compared to younger or older patients.
- Nearly 70,000 Young Adults in their 20s and 30s are diagnosed with cancer in the USA each year.
- Cancer is the leading disease killer among 20 to 40 year olds.
- Young Adults with cancer have had less survival improvement than either younger or older patients.
- Strides made in cancer treatment have bypassed Young Adults.
- Young Adults also have the lowest participation rate in clinical trials of any age group.
- Young Adults face unique psychosocial concerns such as fertility, body image, sexuality, cognitive function, long-term effects, education, insurance & employment.
Since 2001 Prepare to Live has been a reliable source of Help, Hope, Information and Inspiration™ for Young Adult patients, survivors and caregivers coping with cancer worldwide.
For more information and Young Adult cancer resources visit Prepare to Live.
Back to Is/Isn't Films