IS/ISN'T SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND FAQ's:
Please make sure your film meets the following critera before submitting:
01. Your film should in some way fill in the following blanks:
Cancer is __________. Cancer isn't __________.
Followed by the words "Prepare to Live."
02. Create your live-action film, animation or flash movie any way you want: using a home video camera, the video camera on your digital camera or mobile phone, Flash, iMovie...whatever works for you.
03. Formats: We prefer QuickTime or Flash at 320 x 240, optimized for web streaming and fast start. No huge files please! The first frame of your movie should not be black. (If you have a film in another format and you don't know how to convert it, send it anyway and we'll try and sort it out for you.)
04. Length: Keep it under 3 minutes.
05. Submission: Email your film(s) to: email@example.com
06. Entry is Free, but please consider making a donation.
That's it! You may submit as many films as you like, as often as you like. We look forward to seeing your work, and in the meantime please spread the word about Prepare to Live and the Is/Isn't Film Festival.
Thanks for participating.
Please read our FAQ's below before contacting us with questions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
01. I've never had cancer and I don't know what it's like so this is really hard. What should I do?
Relax! This is supposed to be fun...don't overthink things. You can fill in the blanks anyway you want - is'isn't: cool, certain death, silly, pancakes, monkey business, all bad, great, the worst thing ever, the end, as much fun as...
02. Can I make my film the other way around - Isn't/Is?
03. Can I submit a youTUBE link to my film?
04. Is there a deadline for submissions?
No. Entries are accepted on a rolling basis, but get yours in soon anyway.
05. Where will my film be shown?
Only on this website for now. Feel free to distribute links to your film.
Back to Is/Isn't Films